Living through covid has made staying home in our pajamas conducting life from behind a computer common and acceptable. Many of us have gotten so used to it that we are shocked when we are required to put on pants and leave the house. We work from home, shop from home, watch movies at home, so why not take real estate classes online and change careers from home also?
There are some really compelling reasons to take your real estate classes online. The schedule is flexible. As you are transitioning to a new career, you most likely still have a full time job that you need to attend. Taking real estate classes online allows you to fit in your learning in your off time so you still have that income. Online classes are also usually less expensive than in person real estate classes. For some students, taking Real Estate Courses online is the only way they can get the real estate education they need to become licensed.
I even offer them through my real estate academy, however, I offer them only as a last resort.
Here are 5 reasons why In person classes are always the best option.
- People learn better in person- I am the first one to admit that what you learn in real estate class doesn’t set you up for the business of real estate, but what you learn in class is the foundation you need in order to pass the exam and understand the laws that affect you and your clients. If you can’t pass the exam, you aren’t going to sell real estate.Without a solid understanding of the foundation, it’s difficult to build a successful business. In person classes allow engagement with the instructor and the ability to ask questions and have concepts explained to you so that you understand them.
- You don’t need to rely on will power. An in person schedule holds you accountable. You have to show up or you won’t meet the attendance requirement. So on the days you feel lazy or not in the mood- tough. You have to get up and go anyway. This not only helps you pass the class, it sets you up for the habit of showing up every day in your business. In real estate, we wake up every day unemployed. If you don’t show up and do the work, you don’t eat.
- Real estate is a relationship business. The success of your real estate business depends on relationships you have with other people, especially other agents. If you are sitting behind a screen taking real estate classes online, you aren’t going to connect with other people. When you sit in class with other humans who are going through the same process as you are, the opportunity to connect presents itself. When you go out into the business world of real estate, the people in your class will be agents that you do business with. You might find yourself on the other side of a transaction from them or munching on hors d’oeuvres at a networking happy hour. Start now creating the relationships that will last throughout your career.
- Stay current and on the cutting edge. Once an online real estate class is created, it is set it and forget it. Of course the material is updated periodically, but it can never keep up with how quickly the rules and the industry changes. When you are in a classroom with a live instructor, you are learning in real time. As soon as there is breaking news, a lawsuit that affects the industry, or new technology, the live instructor can bring it into the classroom. Other students share fresh ideas as well. An online real estate class is like a silent movie with subtitles. In person classes are like an Imax theater with reclining seats.
- Learn more than the minimum. Each state has Real Estate Education requirements that cover the basics of real estate law. Although this information is vital, it doesn’t show you what you should do after school. That real estate license you earn won’t do you any good if you don’t know how to use it. When you are in the class with a live instructor who is also practicing real estate, you will hear real life examples of transactions, business building activities and learn ways to become productive as a real estate salesperson.
You Don’t Know what You Don’t Know
Each student who walks into my classroom is eager to change their life. They all have different stories, different circumstances that led them to take a risk and start all over again. But the one thing they all have in common is the desire to do better for themselves, their families and even their community.
They walk in not quite knowing what to expect. Sometimes nervous, sometimes eager, but always open to the challenge of becoming more than they were when they walked in.
It is my honor and responsibility to not only teach them what is required to become a real estate agent in Pennsylvania, but to make them aware of what they don’t even know.
In my classroom, I do my best to connect with each student, learn their story and foster an all inclusive environment where everyone is part of the group.
I teach the process of how to find a broker, how to use social media in your business and the basics of real estate investing. It all ties together to give my students the best chance possible for access in the real estate business.
If you want to become a real estate agent in Pennsylvania, taking real estate classes online is an option, but given the chance to attend in person, why would you?
You are unstoppable. You can be, do or have anything you desire. If real estate is part of your plan, JBREA is here to help.
Check out all of classes and register right from our website at jbrea.net